Work Arrangements of Dependant’s Pass Holders

Work Arrangements of Dependant’s Pass Holders


Dependant’s Pass (DP) is a relocation visa issue for legally married spouse or unmarried children under 21 years of eligible Employment Pass or S Pass holders.


Work arrangement before 1 May 2021


DP holders who are dependants of Employment Pass, EntrePass or Personalised Employment Pass holders can apply for a Letter of Consent (LOC) to work in Singapore.


Work arrangement on or after 1 May 2021


All DP holders who wish to work during their stay in Singapore will need an applicable work pass (such as an Employment Pass, S Pass or Work Permit) instead of an LOC, unless they are business owners who meet specified criteria.


Existing DP LOC holders will be allowed to continue working until the expiry of their LOC. Employers will need to apply for an applicable work pass should they wish to continue employing existing DP LOC holders after their current LOC expires.


DP holders who are business owners


DP holders who are business owners will be eligible to continue running their business on an LOC, provided that their business creates local employment.


They will need to meet the following criteria:


  1. The DP holder is a sole proprietor, partner, or company director with at least 30% shareholding in the business; and


  1. The business hires at least one Singaporean/Permanent Resident who earns at least the prevailing Local Qualifying Salary (currently $1,400) and receives CPF contributions for at least 3 months

DP holders who currently do not meet the above criteria can continue to run their business on their existing LOC until its expiry, or apply for a one-off extension of their LOC until 30 April 2022 when next renewing their DP. Thereafter, they will need to meet the criteria stated above in order to renew their LOC, or obtain an applicable work pass to continue working in Singapore.


Requirements and application of work pass


The requirements and application of work pass for DP holders who wish to work in Singapore is same with the requirements and application for all other foreigners working in Singapore. The relevant qualifying salary, dependency ratio ceiling, and/or levies for the respective work passes will apply.


KAIZEN Group is equipped with experienced and highly qualified professional consultants and is therefore well positioned to provide professional advices and services in respect of the formation and registration of company, and application for various business licences and permits in Singapore. Please call and talk to our professional consultants for details.