Features and Registration Fees of Seychelles (International Business) Company
1. General Information
The Seychelles is an independent nation in the Indian Ocean near the coast of eastern Africa composed of several islands.
The country is a self-governing democracy and a member of the Commonwealth and the United Nations.
The Seychelles offers a wide variety of services to the international community, including offshore banking, insurance and investments. Of particular interest is the International Business Company, which is an inexpensive, flexible and simple type of company that can be used for many purposes.
2. Major Features of Seychelles International Business Company
The Seychelles International Business Company’s Acts 1994 was enacted to provide a comprehensive regime for the incorporation, regulation, operation and taxation of International Business Companies. This piece of legislation is extremely flexible and provides for a minimum of disclosure. Meetings need not take place in the Seychelles, and there is no necessity to report changes in shareholders, directors and mortgages to the Registrar.
International Business Companies are not subject to taxation within the Seychelles. Shareholders
An International Business Company need only one shareholder and shares can be issued in bearer or registered form. Details of the shareholders do not appear on the public file, although a Register of Members must be maintained.
A minimum of one director is required and corporate directors are permitted. Details of the directors do not appear on the public file, although a Register of Directors must be maintained.
International Business Companies are not required to file either an annual return or accounts.
Incorporation can normally be achieved within 14 days. We do not keep ready-made companies in stock.
Restrictions on Name and Activity
The following words cannot be used: Assurance, Bank, Building Society, Chamber of Commerce, Chartered, Co-operative, Foundation, Government, Imperial, Insurance, Municipal and Trust, or any other words which suggest the patronage of any Government. All company names must end with Limited, Corporation, Incorporated, Societe Anonyme or a similar recognised alternative.
As a matter of local company law the company MUST maintain a registered office address within the Seychelles and must also appoint a Seychelles resident as a registered agent. We would generally provide these services as part of the domiciliary service fee.
There are no specific statutory provisions governing secrecy in relation to companies but English Law, which applies within the jurisdiction, does impose a common law duty on professionals to keep the affairs of their clients confidential.
3. Seychelles International Business Company Registration and Maintenance Fees
With a standard share capital of less than or of USD50,000, the registration fee together with the first year maintenance fees are USD950. In particular, the fee covers:
1. first year licence fee
2. first year registered agent and registered office
3. our incorporation service charge
4. One company kit including common seal and stamp
(1) The fees stated above does not include delivery fee, if any.
(2) An extra USD150 will be charged if Chinese Name required.
Annual Maintenance Fee
With a standard share capital of less than or of USD50,000, the annual maintenance fee for second year and thereafter is USD700, which includes annual license fee, registered agent and registered office fees.
Documents and Information Required
1. A photocopy of identity card or passport of each director and shareholder
2. Residential addresses with proof of all directors and shareholders, such as utility bill, telephone bill.
3. Proposed name of the company
4. Amount of share capital (unless otherwise advised, all company will be incorporated with a standard share capital of USD50,000) and percentage of shareholding by each shareholder, if more than one shareholder
The whole processes for the tailor-made and readymade companies could be completed in around 14 days and 2 days respectively.
Documents Given to Clients after Registration
1. Original copy of Certificate of Incorporation
2. Three (3) copies of Memorandum and Articles of Association
3. Ten (10) copies of share certificate
4. Register of Members and Register of Directors
5. Common Seal and company chop
6. Minutes for the appointment of first director(s)