Unless otherwise mentioned, the quotation of Washington (U.S.) corporation specifically refers to the Limited Liability Company (LLC) registered in accordance with the Washington Limited Liability Company Act.
The registration package for the registration of an LLC in Washington is USD 1,600. This package includes our service fee, Washington registered address service for a year, a standard operating agreement and the registration fee for the Secretary of State of Washington.
For the registration of an LLC in Washington, the client needs to provide the proposed name of the company, the identity proof by each member (such as passport or certificate of incorporation) and the address proof (such as utility bill or bank statement) of each member and manager of the LLC.
For the company name that does not contain any restricted words or require special license, the registration of an LLC in Washington takes around 2 working days.
Our fees stated in this quotation does not cover the application for special licence or permit. If the LLC that conduct business in Washington State requires extra licence or permit, such as environment protection, architectural construction, or agriculture product processing and quarantine, they shall apply the special permit from the related federal or state government. Kaizen can help to apply for such licence or permit and the fees will quote upon request.
1. Washington LLC Registration Services and Fees
Our fees for the registration of a limited liability company in Washington is USD 1,600, including the following services:
(1) Washington LLC Incorporation – Pre- & Post-Incorporation
(a) Name availability preliminary check;
(b) Preparation of the company registration documents;
(c) Kaizen professional service fee;
(d) Registered address and registered agent in Washington for a year;
(e) Registration fee paid to the Secretary of State of Washington;
(f) Preparation for a corporate kit, including common seal, stock certificate, register of member, register of managers, meeting minutes, etc.;
(g) The first board of director meeting minutes;
(h) Preparation of the board resolution for bank account opening, if any;
(i) Submit the initial report to the Secretary of State of Washington.
(2) Registered Address for the first year
Kaizen will offer a registered address in Washington for a year in compliance with the address requirement of Secretary of State of Washington.
(1) The fees quoted above include our professional service fees and government official registration fee, but exclusive of courier charge, if any.
(2) Under normal circumstances, the company registration takes around 2 business days.
(3) The fees quoted above excluding from taxes. For any tax invoice required, we will charge the Value-Added Tax or Business Tax at the prevailing rate in the respective jurisdiction.
2. Other Relevant Services
(1) Application for the Employer Identification Number (EIN)
To identify and levy taxes on the corporations, the US/State government had required each entity to apply for an Employer Identification Number (EIN). EIN could apply from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and it takes about 3 weeks to process without expedited service. Our fees for the application of the EIN is USD 300. We will notify client through Email once we receive the EIN from the tax authority.
(2) Certificate of incumbency and certified copy of registration document
The Certificate of Incumbency or the certified copy of registration documents shall provide to the bank in US while client applying to open a corporate bank account. Kaizen could issue the Certificate of Incumbency or a CPA Certification for USD 300.
(3) Issuance of a “Single Authentication Certificate”
Kaizen could assist to apply for the Single Authentication Certificate for documents from the Secretary of State, so that documents could use outside of US. It takes about 5 to 7 business days to process. Kaizen service fee for the application is USD 300.
3. Payment Time and Method
Upon receipt your order, Kaizen will issue an invoice for your settlement. Kaizen will require full payment in advance. Kaizen currently only accept check, cash or TT and credit card through PayPal. If the payment is making by PayPal, Kaizen will charge for 5% handling fee.
4. Basic Structure of a Washington LLC
Minimum requirements for Washington LLC registration:
(1) LLC founder (the founder can be the member or the manager);
(2) At least a member and a manager;
(3) Member can be a legal person or a natural person, without nationality limitation;
(4) Manager must be a natural person;
(5) The natural person member can also be the company manager;
(6) There is no requirement for the registered capital;
(7) The company registered address must be in Washington.
5. Registration Procedures of Washington LLC
The procedures stated below applies to the situation where Kaizen is being engaged to handle the registration of the LLC in Washington:
(1) Client entrust Kaizen to handle the registration of Washington LLC; client shall fill out the order form, “due diligence document”, and other registration documents listed in Section 5 and E-mail the documents to Kaizen. Clients shall pay Kaizen for the service fee at the same time;
(2) Kaizen will check the name availability for the Washington LLC;
(3) Kaizen will prepare for the incorporation documents, including the Application form and the Operating Agreement;
(4) Kaizen will send the documents mentioned in part (3) to clients for confirmation;
(5) Kaizen will submit the documents required to the Division of Corporations and pay for the government registration fee. The Division of Corporations (the Office of the Secretary of State) will review the document. The Office of Secretary of State will mail the sealed Certification of Formation with filing date and filing number within 3 business days;
(6) After the registration of LLC, Kaizen will prepare for the corporate kit;
(7) Kaizen will file the Initial Report to the Secretary of State of Washington within 120 days after the registration of LLC;
(8) Kaizen will apply for the EIN, if applicable;
(9) Kaizen will issue the Certificate of Incumbency and certified copy of registration document, if applicable;
(10) Kaizen will arrange to send the Company Kit to client once the registration procedure is complete.
6. Estimated Time Frame
The registration process for the Washington LLC takes around 15 to 20 working days. The actual registration procedure will take around 2 working days, the application for the EIN will take around 10 working days, and other time taken will be the notarization time for the documents and the courier delivery time.
7. Required Documents and Materials
The client should offer the following documents to Kaizen:
(1) Washington LLC intended name. Please provide 2 to 3 English names;
(2) Passport copy and residential address proof (such as utility bill, telephone bill or bank statement) of the LLC members. If the shareholder is a legal person, please provide the corporation registration document and registered address;
(3) Passport copy and residential address certificate of the manager (such as utility bill, telephone bill or bank statement);
(4) The percentage of shareholdings in proportion of each members;
(5) Basic background information of the new company, such as the principal business activities, the products to be traded or services to be provided, the location of suppliers and customers, the expected turnover of the first year etc.;
(6) Date of commencement of business;
(7) Employee number, if any;
(8) Filled “due diligence questionnaire” provided by Kaizen.
The identification document and the residential address proof by the members and officer shall certify or notarize by Kaizen staff, lawyer, CPA, or the bank manager.
8. Registration Documents Returned to Client after Registration
After the company is officially registered, Kaizen will return the following documents and materials for retention:
(1) Certificate of Formation;
(2) Standard operating agreement;
(3) Common seal with the LLC name;
(4) A Statutory book (Register of members, meeting minutes, etc.);
(5) 10 pieces of blank stock certificate;
(6) EIN letter, if any;
(7) Certificate of Incumbency and certified copy of registration document, if any.
Client could choose to get the incorporation documents at any office of Kaizen.
9. Other Compliance Service
The LLC that established in New York required complying with the Washington Limited Liability Company Act and tax law. For example, the LLC shall keep well all the voucher and accounts, filing income tax return, and file biennial report etc.
The LLC registered in Washington must handle for annual renewal before the date of incorporation each year. The annual maintenance fee for Washington LLC is USD 900 each year. The maintenance fee included the preparation of the annual report, annual government license tax, registered office address and the registered agent in Washington. The service fee does not include the accounting or the filing of income tax return. Kaizen will remind client for annual renewal two months before the due date.
Kaizen U.S. office can offer you a complete compliance services and support, such as bookkeeping, financial statement audit, filing tax return, calculation of payroll, filing sales return, etc. For details, please contact our consultant.