Unless otherwise stated, the quotation of U.S. Utah Corporation refers to the Limited Liability Company (LLC) registered in accordance with Chapter 3a Utah Revised Uniform Limited Liability Company Act and relevant regulations in Utah.
The registration package for the registration of a LLC in Utah is USD 1,600. This package includes our service fee, Utah registered address service for a year, a registered agent service fee for a year, a standard operating agreement and the registration fee for the Utah Secretary of State.
For the registration of a LLC in Utah, the client needs to provide the proposed name of the company, the amount of registered capital, identity proof (such as passport or certificate of incorporation) and the address proof (such as utility bill or bank statement) of each member and manager of the LLC.
The registration of a LLC in Utah takes around 14 working days, for the company name that does not contain any restricted words or require special license. The client could apply for the expedited service and the LLC could established within 3 working days. For specific fees, please contact our consultant.
Our fees stated in this quotation does not cover the application for special licence or permit. If the LLC that conduct business in Utah requires extra licence or permit, such as environment protection, architectural construction, or agriculture product processing and quarantine, they shall apply the special permit from the related federal or state government. Kaizen can help to apply for such licence or permit and the fees will quote upon request.
1. Utah LLC Registration Services and Fees
Our fees for the registration of a limited liability company in Utah is USD 1,600, including the following services:
(1) Utah LLC Incorporation – Pre- & Post-Incorporation
(a) Name availability preliminary check;
(b) Preparation of the company registration documents;
(c) Kaizen professional service fee (Excluded publication fee);
(d) Registration fee paid to the Utah Secretary of State;
(e) Apply for business license in the city located (such as Salt Lake City) and paid for the relevant official registration fee;
(f) Preparation for a corporate kit, including common seal, stock certificate, register of member, meeting minutes etc.;
(g) The first members meeting minutes;
(h) Preparation of the board resolution for bank account opening.
(2) Registered Address and Registered Agent for the first year
Kaizen will offer a registered address in Utah (such as Salt Lake City) and arrange a registered agent service for a year in compliance with the address requirement of Utah Secretary of State.
Client can also use the address provided as the mailing address if necessary. Kaizen will assist to receive and forward letters for client once a month. Kaizen will charge a handling fee for forwarding mails, kindly contact our consultant for more information.
(1) The fees quoted above include our professional service fees and government official registration fee, but exclusive of courier charge, if any.
(2) Under normal circumstances, the company registration takes around 14 business days. Client could request for the expedited services and it will take about 3 business days, the fees will be USD 200. The application for the business license shall take around 7 working days to process.
(3) The fees quoted above excluding from taxes. For any tax invoice required, we will charge the Value-Added Tax or Business Tax at the prevailing rate in the respective jurisdiction.
2. Other Relevant Services
(1) Application for the Employer Identification Number (EIN)
To identify and levy taxes on the corporations, the US/State government had required each entity to apply for an Employer Identification Number (EIN). EIN could apply from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and it takes about 3 weeks to process without expedited service. Our fees for the application of the EIN is USD 300. We will notify client through Email once we receive the EIN from the tax authority.
(2) Certificate of incumbency and certified copy of registration document
The Certificate of Incumbency or the certified copy of registration documents shall provide to the bank in US while client applying to open a corporate bank account. Kaizen could issue the Certificate of Incumbency or a CPA Certification for USD 300.
(3) Issuance of a “Single Authentication Certificate”
Kaizen could assist to apply for the Single Authentication Certificate for documents from the Secretary of State, so that documents could use outside of US. It takes about 5 to 7 business days to process. Kaizen service fee for the application is USD 300.
3. Payment Time and Payment Method
Upon receipt your order, Kaizen will issue an invoice for your settlement. Kaizen will require full payment in advance. Kaizen currently only accept check, cash or TT and credit card through PayPal. If the payment is making by PayPal, Kaizen will charge for 5% handling fee.
If China or Taiwan official tax invoice is required, we will charge the Value-Added Tax or Business Tax at the prevailing rate in the respective jurisdiction.
4. Basic Structure of a Utah LLC
The minimum requirements for the registration of Utah LLC are as follow:
(1) LLC founder (the founder can be the member or the manager);
(2) At least one member;
(3) At least one manager, the manager must be a natural person;
(4) Members can be a legal person or a natural person, without nationality limitation;
(5) The natural person member can be the company manager;
(6) There are any requirement for the registered capital;
(7) The company registered address must be in Utah.
5. Registration Procedures of Utah LLC
The procedures stated below applies to the situation where Kaizen is being engaged to handle the registration of the LLC in Utah:
(1) Client entrust Kaizen to handle the registration of Utah LLC; client shall fill out the order form, “due diligence document”, and other registration documents listed in Section 7 and E-mail the documents to Kaizen. Clients shall pay Kaizen for the service fee at the same time;
(2) Kaizen will check the name availability for the Utah LLC;
(3) Kaizen will prepare for the incorporation documents, including the Application form and the Operating Agreement;
(4) Kaizen will send the documents mentioned in Section 3 to clients for confirmation;
(5) Kaizen will submit the documents to the Utah Department of State and pay for the government registration fee. The Utah Department of State will review the document, and mail to Kaizen the filing receipt which is the sealed Certificate of Organization with filing date and filing number within 14 business days;
(6) After the registration of LLC, Kaizen will prepare for the corporate kit;
(7) Kaizen will apply for the EIN, if applicable;
(8) Kaizen will apply for business license in the Utah State (such as Salt Lake City) and paid for the official registration fee;
(9) Kaizen will issue the Certificate of Incumbency and certified copy of registration document, if applicable;
(10) Kaizen will send the Company Kit to client once the registration procedure is complete.
6. Estimated Time Frame
The registration process for the Utah LLC takes around 28 to 30 working days after received the documents from client. The actual registration procedure will take around 14 business days. Client could apply for expedited services, the registration process will complete within 3 working days and the expedited service fees is USD 200. For the application of the business license will take around 7 working days to process.
The application of the EIN takes around 3 weeks, excluding the courier delivery time and the notarization time for the document.
7. Required Documents and Materials
The client should offer the following documents to Kaizen:
(1) Utah LLC intended name. Please provide 2 to 3 English name;
(2) Passport copy and residential address proof (such as utility bill, telephone bill or bank statement) of the LLC members. If the shareholder is a legal person, please provide the corporation registration document and registered address;
(3) Passport copy and residential address certificate of the manager (such as utility bill, telephone bill or bank statement);
(4) Company registered capital and the percentage of shareholdings in proportion of each members;
(5) Basic background information of the new company, such as the principal business activities, the products to be traded or services to be provided, the location of suppliers and customers, the expected turnover of the first year etc.;
(6) Date of commencement of business;
(7) Employee number, if any;
(8) Filled “due diligence questionnaire” provided by Kaizen.
The aforementioned identification document and the residential address proof by the members and officer shall certify or notarize by Kaizen staff, lawyer, CPA, or the bank manager.
8. Registration Documents Returned to Client after Registration
After the company is officially registered, Kaizen will return the following documents and materials for retention:
(1) Certificate of Organization and Standard operating agreement;
(2) Business License in Utah (such as Salt Lake City);
(3) Common seal with the LLC name;
(4) A Statutory book (Register of members, meeting minutes, etc.);
(5) 10 pieces of blank stock certificate;
(6) EIN letter, if any;
(7) Certificate of Incumbency and certified copy of registration document, if any.
Client could choose to get the incorporation documents at any office of Kaizen.
9. Annual Maintenance Fee
The LLC registered in Utah are required to file an Annual Report return 30 days before the expiration date. Kaizen can provide the aforementioned services for USD 950, which is including registered office address, registered agent and pay for the Utah Business License renewal fee. Please note that this service fee does not include the accounting or the filing of income tax return service. Kaizen will remind client for annual renewal two months before the expiration date.
10. Other Compliance Service
The LLC that established in Utah required complying with the Utah Revised Uniform Limited Liability Company Act and tax law. For example, the LLC shall keep well all the voucher and accounts, filing income tax return, and file biennial report etc. Kaizen U.S. office can offer you a complete compliance services and support, such as bookkeeping, financial statement audit, filing tax return, calculation of payroll, filing sales return, etc. For details, please contact our consultant.