Unless otherwise stated, the quotation of New York (U.S.) Company refers that refers to the Limited Liability Company (LLC) registered in accordance with the New York Limited Liability Company Law.
The registration package for the registration of a LLC in New York is USD 1,600. This package includes our service fee, New York registered address service for a year, a registered agent service fee for a year, a standard operating agreement and the registration fee for the New York Secretary of State.
For the registration of a LLC in New York, the client needs to provide the proposed name of the company, the amount of registered capital, identity proof by each member (such as passport or certificate of incorporation) and the address proof (such as utility bill or bank statement) of each member and manager of the LLC.
The registration of a LLC in New York takes around 3 to 5 working days (excluded the period for the arrangement of publication in New York State, which will take around 2 months), for the company name that does not contain any restricted words or require special license. The client could apply for the expedited service. Specific fees could contact our consultant.
Our fees stated in this quotation does not cover the application for special licence or permit. If the LLC that conduct business in New York State requires extra licence or permit, such as environment protection, architectural construction, or agriculture product processing and quarantine, they shall apply the special permit from the related federal or state government. Kaizen can help to apply for such licence or permit and the fees will quote upon request.
1. New York LLC Registration Services and Fees
Our fees for the registration of a limited liability company in New York is USD 1,600, including the following services:
(1) New York LLC Incorporation – Pre- & Post-Incorporation
(a) Name availability preliminary check;
(b) Preparation of the company registration documents;
(c) Kaizen professional service fee (Excluded publication fee);
(d) Registration fee paid to the New York Secretary of State;
(e) Preparation for a corporate kit, including common seal, stock certificate, register of member, meeting minutes etc.;
(f) The first members meeting minutes;
(g) Preparation of the board resolution for bank account opening.
(2) Registered Address and Registered Agent for the first year
Kaizen will offer a registered address in New York and arrange a registered agent service for a year in compliance with the address requirement of New York Secretary of State.
Client can also use the address provided as the mailing address if necessary. Kaizen will assist to receive and forward letters for client once a month. Kaizen will charge a handling fee for forwarding mails, kindly contact our consultant for more information.
(1) The fees quoted above include our professional service fees and government official registration fee, but exclusive of courier charge, if any.
(2) Under normal circumstances, the company registration takes around 3 to 5 business days. Client could request for the expedited services, the company could registered within 24 hours and the fees will be USD 350.
(3) The fees quoted above excluding from taxes. For any tax invoice required, we will charge the Value-Added Tax or Business Tax at the prevailing rate in the respective jurisdiction.
2. Other Relevant Services
(1) Publication requirement in New York State
Within 120 days after its articles of organization become effective, the LLC must publish in two newspapers a copy of the articles or a notice related to the formation of the LLC. The newspapers must designated by the county clerk of the county in which the office of the LLC is located, as stated in the articles of organization. The company must publish the notice on the designated newspaper for 6 to 8 weeks continuously. Upon receipt of designation, Kaizen will immediately prepare and place the notice in the two assigned newspapers, and will begin publishing the legal notice in their next available issue. We will contact the newspapers to obtain the dates of publication for the notice and will email to notify clients.
After publication, clients will receive the Affidavits of Publication by the publisher. The Certificate of Publication, with the Affidavits of Publication of the newspapers attached, must submit to the New York Department of State. The fee for filing the Certificate of Publication is USD 50. Kaizen will charge USD 1,500 in advance for the handling of the Publication matters. The whole process for the preparation and submission of the Affidavits of the newspapers will take around 2 months.
(2) Application for the Employer Identification Number (EIN)
To identify and levy taxes on the companies, the US/State government had required each entity to apply for an Employer Identification Number (EIN). EIN could apply from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and it takes about 3 weeks to process without expedited service. Our fees for the application of the EIN is USD 300. We will notify client through Email once we receive the EIN from the tax authority.
(3) Certificate of incumbency and certified copy of registration document
The Certificate of Incumbency or the certified copy of registration documents shall provide to the bank in US while client applying to open a corporate bank account. Kaizen could issue the Certificate of Incumbency or a CPA Certification for USD 300.
(4) Issuance of a “Single Authentication Certificate”
Kaizen could assist to apply for the Single Authentication Certificate for documents from the Secretary of State, so that documents could use outside of US. It takes about 5 to 7 business days to process. Kaizen service fee for the application is USD 300.
3. Payment Time and Payment Method
Upon receipt your order, Kaizen will issue an invoice for your settlement. Kaizen will require full payment in advance. Kaizen currently only accept check, cash or TT and credit card through PayPal. If the payment is making by PayPal, Kaizen will charge for 5% handling fee.
If China or Taiwan official tax invoice is required, we will charge the Value-Added Tax or Business Tax at the prevailing rate in the respective jurisdiction.
4. Basic Structure of a New York LLC
The minimum requirements for the registration of New York State LLC are as follow:
(1) LLC founder (the founder can be the member or the manager);
(2) At least one member;
(3) At least one manager, the manager must be a natural person;
(4) Members can be a legal person or a natural person, without nationality limitation;
(5) The natural person member can be the company manager;
(6) There are any requirement for the registered capital;
(7) The company registered address must be in New York.
5. Registration Procedures of New York LLC
The procedures stated below applies to the situation where Kaizen is being engaged to handle the registration of the LLC in New York:
(1) Client entrust Kaizen to handle the registration of New York LLC; client shall fill out the order form, “due diligence document”, and other registration documents listed in Section 7 and E-mail the documents to Kaizen. Clients shall pay Kaizen for the service fee at the same time;
(2) Kaizen will check the name availability for the New York LLC;
(3) Kaizen will prepare for the incorporation documents, including the Application form and the Operating Agreement;
(4) Kaizen will send the documents mentioned in Section 3 to clients for confirmation;
(5) Kaizen will submit the Articles of Organization to New York State Department of State and pay for the government registration fee. The New York State Department of State will review the document, and mail to Kaizen the filing receipt which is the sealed Certificate of Formation with filing date and filing number within 3 to 5 business days;
(6) After the registration of LLC, Kaizen will prepare for the corporate kit;
(7) Kaizen will apply for the EIN, if applicable;
(8) Kaizen will issue the Certificate of Incumbency and certified copy of registration document, if applicable;
(9) Kaizen will arrange the for the publication in New York State, and it will take around 6 to 8 weeks.
(10) Once the publication is completed, the LLC will receive an Affidavit of Publication;
(11) Kaizen could assist to apply for the Certificate of Publication, with the affidavits of publication of the newspapers attached, and submit to the New York Department of State for the filing fee of USD 50;
(12) Kaizen will arrange to send the Company Kit to client once the registration procedure is complete.
6. Estimated Time Frame
The registration process for the New York LLC takes around 2 to 3 months after received the documents from client. The actual registration procedure will take around 3 to 5 business days. Client could apply for expedited services, the registration process will complete within 24 hours and the fees is USD 350.
The publication required takes around 6 weeks, so the certificate of publication will take around 2 to 3 months to receive. The application of the EIN takes around 3 weeks, excluding the courier delivery time and the notarization time for the document.
7. Required Documents and Materials
The client should offer the following documents to Kaizen:
(1) New York LLC intended name. Please provide 2 to 3 English name;
(2) Passport copy and residential address proof (such as utility bill, telephone bill or bank statement) of the LLC members. If the shareholder is a legal person, please provide the company registration document and registered address;
(3) Passport copy and residential address certificate of the manager (such as utility bill, telephone bill or bank statement);
(4) Company registered capital and the percentage of shareholdings in proportion of each members;
(5) Basic background information of the new company, such as the principal business activities, the products to be traded or services to be provided, the location of suppliers and customers, the expected turnover of the first year etc.;
(6) Date of commencement of business;
(7) Employee number, if any;
(8) Filled “due diligence questionnaire” provided by Kaizen.
The aforementioned identification document and the residential address proof by the members and officer shall certify or notarize by Kaizen staff, lawyer, CPA, or the bank manager.
8. Registration Documents Returned to Client after Registration
After the company is officially registered, Kaizen will return the following documents and materials for retention:
(1) Articles of Organization;
(2) Standard operating agreement;
(3) Common seal with the LLC name;
(4) A Statutory book (Register of members, meeting minutes, etc.);
(5) 10 pieces of blank stock certificate;
(6) EIN letter, if any;
(7) Affidavits of Publication;
(8) Certificate of Publication;
(9) Certificate of Incumbency and certified copy of registration document, if any.
Client could choose to get the incorporation documents at any office of Kaizen.
9. Annual Maintenance Fee
The LLC registered in New York State shall pay for annual maintenance fee for USD 900 each year. The maintenance fee included the annual government license tax, registered office address, the registered agent in New York and filing of biennial statement. Please note that this service fee does not include the accounting or the filing of income tax return service. Kaizen will remind client for annual renewal two months before the expiration date.
10. Other Compliance Service
The LLC that established in New York required complying with the New York Revised Uniform Limited Liability Company Act and tax law. For example, the LLC shall keep well all the voucher and accounts, filing income tax return, and file biennial report etc. Kaizen U.S. office can offer you a complete compliance services and support, such as bookkeeping, financial statement audit, filing tax return, calculation of payroll, filing sales return, etc. For details, please contact our consultant.