Unless otherwise stated, the quotation of U.S. California Corporation refers to the Limited Liability Company that set up in accordance with the California Revised Uniform Limited Liability Company Act.
The registration package for the registration of a LLC in California is USD 1,600. This package includes our service fee, registered address service, a registered agent service fee, a standard operating agreement and the registration fee for the Secretary of State of California. In short, this package included the necessary expenses for the registration of a LLC in California.
For the registration of a LLC in California, the client needs to provide the proposed name of the company, the amount of registered capital, identity proof by each shareholder (such as passport or certificate of incorporation) and the address proof (such as utility bill or bank statement) of each shareholder and Manager of the LLC.
The registration of a LLC in California takes around 12 to 15 working days, for the company name that does not contain any restricted words or require special license. The client could apply for the expedited service. Specific fees could contact our consultant.
Our fees stated in this quotation does not cover the application for special licence or permit. If the LLC that conduct business in California requires extra licence or permit, such as environment protection, architectural construction, or agriculture product processing and quarantine, they shall apply the special permit from the related federal or state government. Kaizen can help to apply for such licence or permit and the fees will quote upon request.
1. California LLC Registration Services and Fees
Our fees for the registration of a limited liability company in California is USD 1,600, including the following services:
(1) California LLC Incorporation – Pre- & Post-Incorporation
(a) Name availability preliminary check;
(b) Preparation of the company registration documents;
(c) Kaizen professional service fee;
(d) Registration fee paid to the Secretary of State of California;
(e) Preparation for a corporate kit, including common seal, stock certificate, register of member, meeting minutes etc.;
(f) Filing Statement of Information within 90 days after registration;
(g) The first members meeting minutes;
(h) Preparation of the board resolution for bank account opening.
(2) Registered Address and Registered Agent for the first year
Kaizen will offer a registered address in California and arrange a registered agent service for a year in compliance with the address requirement of Secretary of State of California.
Client can also use the address provided as the mailing address if necessary. Kaizen will assist to receive and forward letters for client once a month. Kaizen will charge a handling fee for forwarding mails, kindly contact our consultant for more information.
(1) The fees quoted above include our professional service fees and government official registration fee, but exclusive of courier charge, if any.
(2) Under normal circumstances, the company registration takes around 12 to 15 business days. Client could request for the expedited services, the company could registered within 24 hours and the fees will be USD 650.
(3) The fees quoted above excluding from taxes. For any tax invoice required, we will charge the Value-Added Tax or Business Tax at the prevailing rate in the respective jurisdiction.
2. Other Relevant Services
(1) Application for the Employer Identification Number (EIN)
To identify and levy taxes on the corporations, the US/State government had required each entity to apply for an Employer Identification Number (EIN). EIN could apply from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and it takes about 3 weeks to process without expedited service. Our fees for the application of the EIN is USD 300. We will notify client through Email once we receive the EIN from the tax authority.
(2) Certificate of incumbency and certified copy of registration document
The Certificate of Incumbency or the certified copy of registration documents shall provide to the bank in US while client applying to open a corporate bank account. Kaizen could issue the Certificate of Incumbency or a CPA Certification for USD 300.
(3) Issuance of a “Single Authentication Certificate”
Kaizen could assist to apply for the Single Authentication Certificate for documents from the Secretary of State, so that documents could use outside of US. It takes about 5 to 7 business days to process. Kaizen service fee for the application is USD 300.
3. Payment Time and Payment Method
Upon receipt your order, Kaizen will issue an invoice for your settlement. Kaizen will require full payment in advance. Kaizen currently only accept check, cash or TT and credit card through PayPal. If the payment is making by PayPal, Kaizen will charge for 5% handling fee.
If China or Taiwan official tax invoice is required, we will charge the Value-Added Tax or Business Tax at the prevailing rate in the respective jurisdiction.
4. Basic Structure of a California LLC
The minimum requirements for the registration of California LLC are as follow:
(1) LLC founder (the founder can be the member or the manager);
(2) At least one member;
(3) At least one manager, the manager must be a natural person;
(4) Members can be a legal person or a natural person, without nationality limitation;
(5) The natural person member can be the manager of the company;
(6) There are any requirement for the registered capital;
(7) The company registered address must be in California.
5. Registration Procedures of California LLC
The procedures stated below applies to the situation where Kaizen is being engaged to handle the registration of the LLC in California:
(1) Client entrust Kaizen to handle the registration of California LLC; client shall fill out the order form, “due diligence document”, and other registration documents listed in Section 7 and E-mail the documents to Kaizen. Clients shall pay Kaizen for the service fee at the same time;
(2) Kaizen will check the name availability for the California LLC;
(3) Kaizen will prepare for the incorporation documents, including the Application form and the Operating Agreement;
(4) Kaizen will send the documents mentioned in Section 3 to clients for confirmation;
(5) Kaizen will submit the documents required to the California Companies Registry and pay for the government registration fee. The California Companies Registry (the Office of the Secretary of State) will review the document. The Office of Secretary of State will mail the sealed Articles of Organization with filing date and filing number within 7 business days;
(6) After the registration of LLC, Kaizen will prepare for the corporate kit;
(7) Kaizen will apply for the EIN, if applicable;
(8) Kaizen will issue the Certificate of Incumbency and certified copy of registration document, if applicable;
(9) Kaizen will file for the Statement of Information;
(10) Kaizen will arrange to send the Company Kit to client once the registration procedure is complete.
6. Estimated Time Frame
The registration process for the California LLC takes around 12 to 15 business days after received the documents from client. The actual registration procedure will take around 7 to 10 business days. Client could apply for expedited services, the registration process will complete within 24 hours and the fees is USD 650.
The application of the EIN takes around 3-week time, excluding the courier delivery time and the notarization time for the document.
7. Required Documents and Materials
The client should provide the following documents to Kaizen:
(1) California LLC intended name. Please provide 2 to 3 English name;
(2) Passport copy and residential address proof (such as utility bill, telephone bill or bank statement) of the LLC members. If the member is a legal person, please provide the corporation registration document and registered address;
(3) Passport copy and residential address certificate of the manager (such as utility bill, telephone bill or bank statement);
(4) Amount of share capital, percentage of shareholdings in proportion;
(5) Basic background information of the new company, such as the principal business activities, the products to be traded or services to be provided, the location of suppliers and customers, the expected turnover of the first year etc.;
(6) Date of commencement of business;
(7) Employee number, if any;
(8) Filled “due diligence questionnaire” provided by Kaizen.
The aforementioned identification document and the residential address proof by the members and officer shall certify or notarize by Kaizen staff, lawyer, CPA, or the bank manager.
8. Registration Documents Returned to Client after Registration
After the company is officially registered, Kaizen will return the following documents and materials for retention:
(1) Articles of Organization;
(2) Standard Operating Agreement;
(3) Common seal with the LLC name;
(4) A Statutory book (Register of members, meeting minutes, etc.);
(5) 10 pieces of blank stock certificate;
(6) EIN letter, if any;
(7) Initial Statement of Information;
(8) Certificate of Incumbency and certified copy of registration document, if any.
Client could choose to get the incorporation documents at any office of Kaizen.
9. Annual Maintenance Fee
The annual renewal fee for the LLC registered in California is USD 900. The aforementioned service specifically include the annual government license fee, registered address fee, registered agency service fee, and a statement of information submit for every two years. Kaizen will inform client to arrange for the payment two months before the due date. Please note that this service fee does not include the filing of franchise tax, which shall pay for at least USD 800.
10. Other Compliance Service
The LLC that established in California shall compliance with the California Revised Uniform Limited Liability Company Act and other tax law. For example, the LLC shall keep well all the voucher and accounts, filing income tax return, and file biennial report etc. Kaizen U.S. office can offer you a complete compliance services and support, such as bookkeeping, financial statement audit, filing tax return, calculation of payroll, filing sales return, etc. For details, please contact our consultant.